Take a look at our image gallery to view some of the items we currently have available for purchase.
My sculpture is primarily bronze, though a few pieces are stone and wood.
The bronze pieces are created using the “Lost Wax” process.
- The original piece is created in clay and modeling wax, then a mold is created over the piece.
- The original art is removed from the mold and recycled.
- Hot wax is poured into the mold.
- When cooled, the wax replica of the original work is removed from the mold and "chased," making minor adjustments
to the wax to ensure it looks like the original piece.
- The wax piece is then taken to a foundry, depending upon the design of the piece the wax may be cut into castable
sizes, and a shell is made around the piece(s).
- The wax is melted out of the shell, “Lost Wax.”
- Molten metal is then poured into the shell.
- After cooling, the shell is broken off of the metal to reveal a bronze sculpture.
- The metal is then "chased" to reassemble any parts that were cast separately and flaws in the metal are repaired
to ensure the final piece looks like the original artwork.
- The "chased" piece is then heated and chemicals are used in a patina process to color the piece to ensure the
original concept of the piece is realized.